How to Make a Glow in The Dark Bouncy Ball with Proto Putty
Glow in The Dark Bouncy Balls Recipe
Materials Needed: the links take you to examples I like
- 100% Silicone 1 (Silicone 2 WONT WORK)
- Disposable Cup
- Corn Starch
- Mixing Stick
- Small Cup of Water
- Aluminum Foil or Wax Paper Sheet
- Rubber Gloves
- (Optional) Dye
- (Optional) Glow Powder
- You can buy that on PatrickAdairSupplies.com
- (Optional) Anything else you want to put in your bouncy ball
- Get Creative
1. Pour enough cornstarch in the cup to line the cup.
2. Squirt Silicone into cup with cornstarch
3. Add dye, glow, and any other additives. Mix until it has a nice smooth consistency
4. Add approximately 1 ML of water (less mater makes it take longer to harden and more water makes it harden faster)
5. Mix thoroughly
6. Apply a small amount of cornstarch to hand then put silicone into hand and start rolling. If it's too sticky it either needs more cornstarch/glow powder or needs a bit more time to harden.
7. Aggressively roll between hands, squish it fairly flat as you roll it to get maximum smoothness, eventually roll it lightly & focus on making it spherical. Then carefully drop it onto wax paper / aluminum foil.
8. (optional) Instead of dropping it onto the sheet you can keep rolling for 10-15 minutes until it completely solidifies to get bouncy balls as spherical as possible without a flat spot.